The Lab-Volt Pumps Training System familiarizes students with pump operation principles and associated maintenance tasks such as pump installation, lubrication, shaft alignment, inspection, and component replacement. Students also learn how to start up, operate, and troubleshoot industrial pumps in different configurations.
Furthermore, during these hands-on activities, they will discover the impact of valve restriction, air injection, and Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH) on pump efficiency by using a cavitation valve, a load valve, and two different water reservoirs.
The modularity of the system permits the selection of models required to meet customized training objectives. A wide variety of pumps are also offered as individual options. The pumps that can be added to the Pumps Training System correspond to the most common types found in industry, and are shown in a chart in the following pages. Students are introduced to the use, characteristics, and maintenance of each pump by disassembling the pump, and by measuring operating parameters.
Features & Benefits
- Sturdy, yet flexible design integrating components that meet industrial safety standards and fit many different training needs
- Comprehensive curriculum consisting of fully illustrated student manuals containing job sheets and/or work orders
- 13 different types of industrial pumps (Vane, Flexible Impeller, Progressive Cavity, Peristaltic, Pneumatic Diaphragm...)
- Provides safe, hands-on industrial pumps training
- Wide-range of industrial-grade components
- Pumps can be dismounted and transparent pump cover allows cavitation observation
- Configure variable speed drives using local panels or a software
- Fault-insertion by the instructors
Festo Didactic is the world-leading equipment and solution provider for technical education. The product and service portfolio offers solutions for rapid learning and retention in a broad spectrum of technologies: pneumatics, electropneumatics, hydraulics, electrohydraulics, electronics, electrical engineering, sensors, robotics, CNC technology, telecommunications, electronics, power and renewable energy, industrial maintenance, HVAC, PLC and fieldbus technology, manufacturing technology and process engineering as well as mechatronics.
Festo Didactic supplies educational institutions and industries with learning factories, training and e-learning programmes that directly evolve from technologies and innovations in automation. They qualify people in appropriate learning environments to be sufficiently competent and flexible to immediately start work in production processes and other industrial contexts and to contribute to the productivity of industrial companies.
CORPORATE MERGER: Festo Didactic acquired Lab-Volt Systems, Inc. in June 2014.