Lab-Volt's Geothermal Energy Training System has been designed to maximize learning capabilities by regrouping every subsystem that is found in a real geothermal home energy installation. It teaches the fundamentals of heat transfer, refrigeration, and air conditioning applied to geothermal energy HVAC projects. It is suitable for varied educational requirements: future system designers and builders, maintenance technicians, or students learning energy efﬁciency.
Through detailed theory and practical exercises, this geothermal energy trainer is the most efficient and effective way to acquire the knowledge and skills put into practice every day in the geothermal industry.
Using components found exclusively on a real geothermal HVAC project, this robust training system is built on a mobile workstation sized to fit through standard door openings. This system includes complete curriculum, a complete set of measuring instruments, and all the security and safety devices required to protect the user and the equipment.
Features & Benefits
- Includes a complete curriculum
- Integrates six electrical Faults for troubleshooting
- Comes with a set of measuring instruments
- Includes all the security and safety devices required to protect the user and the equipment
- All components are real-world commercial components
- Ability to add a ground temperature control option
- 3 ground loop heat exchangers featuring 2 different dimensions
- Pump and priming tank
- Test points to control the temperature in the water tank for continuous testing, and further testing using various conditions of ground temperature
- Energy recovery system
- Header allowing flow adjustment
- Ability to measure the temperature
- Geothermal Energy
- The Ground Loop
- Heat Pump Connections and Interior Piping
- Heat Pump Control and Safety
- The Refrigeration Cycle
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Heat Exchangers
- Heat Pump Control and Safety Devices
- System Characterization
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Geothermal Software Design Tools
- Estimated program duration: 25 hours
Festo Didactic is the world-leading equipment and solution provider for technical education. The product and service portfolio offers solutions for rapid learning and retention in a broad spectrum of technologies: pneumatics, electropneumatics, hydraulics, electrohydraulics, electronics, electrical engineering, sensors, robotics, CNC technology, telecommunications, electronics, power and renewable energy, industrial maintenance, HVAC, PLC and fieldbus technology, manufacturing technology and process engineering as well as mechatronics.
Festo Didactic supplies educational institutions and industries with learning factories, training and e-learning programmes that directly evolve from technologies and innovations in automation. They qualify people in appropriate learning environments to be sufficiently competent and flexible to immediately start work in production processes and other industrial contexts and to contribute to the productivity of industrial companies.
CORPORATE MERGER: Festo Didactic acquired Lab-Volt Systems, Inc. in June 2014.