Servo Robot System is a complete and affordable training program for the programming and operation of industrial robots. Through the curriculum and hands-on experience with the Servo Robot System, students learn to create automated work cells ideal for Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS) and Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM).
The precision-built, articulated arm of the Servo Robot represents an important step in automation and handling. It is driven by servo motors equipped with optical encoders to provide feedback to the controller.
It can be controlled and programmed using a hand-held terminal or from a PC host computer running the RoboCIM 5250 Software or the Robotics software. The software gives students the opportunity to prepare their sequences within the 3D environment, simulate them, and then switch to control mode to perform the sequence in the real world.
Features & Benefits
- Allows students to simulate and control the operation of a servo robot
- Curriculum is supported by an articulated robot; all joints can be used simultaneously to perform a sequence of moves
- Control the movements using “articular” and/or “Cartesian” coordinates
- Comes with student and instructor manuals, user guides, and all leads and cables required to operate the system
- Includes a large base, which allows the robot to be placed on a regular work table and stay in place
- Durable, steel and aluminum construction requiring minimal maintenance
- Hard-sided carrying case
- Can be controlled either using a Teach-Pendant or the software, RoboCIM 5250
- Several optional components to create tailored work cells
- Control/simulation software program simulates and controls with three-dimensional representations of the mechanical and electrical characteristics of the equipment
- Robotics System Software Development Kit also available to develop custom applications for the Robot System
- Estimated program duration: approximately 25 hours
- Familiarization with the Servo Robot System
- Point-to-Point and Task Programs
- Program Editing
- Control Overview
- Industrial Application Simulation Using a Gravity Feeder, Belt Conveyor, Pneumatic Feeder, Rotary Carousel or Linear Slide.
- Estimated program duration: 25 hours
Festo Didactic is the world-leading equipment and solution provider for technical education. The product and service portfolio offers solutions for rapid learning and retention in a broad spectrum of technologies: pneumatics, electropneumatics, hydraulics, electrohydraulics, electronics, electrical engineering, sensors, robotics, CNC technology, telecommunications, electronics, power and renewable energy, industrial maintenance, HVAC, PLC and fieldbus technology, manufacturing technology and process engineering as well as mechatronics.
Festo Didactic supplies educational institutions and industries with learning factories, training and e-learning programmes that directly evolve from technologies and innovations in automation. They qualify people in appropriate learning environments to be sufficiently competent and flexible to immediately start work in production processes and other industrial contexts and to contribute to the productivity of industrial companies.
CORPORATE MERGER: Festo Didactic acquired Lab-Volt Systems, Inc. in June 2014.