The Industrial Controls Training System is designed to teach the theory and techniques of electric motor controllers. It allows students to select and mount control devices to form typical control circuits, and to troubleshoot them once a fault is inserted. The system has unique controls training capabilities, which are enhanced by its modularity and its instructor-inserted faults.
The Industrial Controls Training System is divided into four levels, each level being further divided into specific topics that deal with various aspects of industrial controls equipment operation. The Basic Controls system, Model 8036-1, provides the student with a complete basic training in motor controls. The Programmable Logic Controller system, Model 8036-2, introduces the use of PLCs to control the motor operation. The Motor Drives system, Model 8036-3, introduces the use of the DC and AC drives. The Sensors system, Model 8036-4, introduces photoelectric and proximity switches.
The 8036 Series control devices and motors are of standard industrial quality, preset to fit the 0.2 kW machines in the Lab-Volt Electromechanical Training System. Device designations can be added to each module with magnetic labels. Each module is equipped with up to four faults that can be inserted by the instructor using switches hidden behind the faceplate. Typical faults include open coils and contacts, dirty contacts, shorted connection, and crossed wires.
Features & Benefits
- Extensive array of modules makes it possible to create setups that fit a large number of training needs
- Wide variety of modules representative of control components found in industry
- Comprehensive curriculum including student manuals, hands-on experiences, and instructor guides
- Includes safety features (lockable cutout switch, tagout device, banana plug leads…)
- Insertion of faults to teach troubleshooting
- Cost-effective, high-quality solution
- Sturdy, mobile, two-sided workstation
- Follows CSA standards
- Advanced components (PLC, AC Drive, PWM, DC Drive, Softstarter) and common electrical panel components
- Realistic connections
- Industrial motors
- A simulation software program (Industrial Controls Simulation Software, Model 3161-H) mirrors the curriculum
- Basic Controls
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Motor Drives
- Estimated program duration: 125 hours
Festo Didactic is the world-leading equipment and solution provider for technical education. The product and service portfolio offers solutions for rapid learning and retention in a broad spectrum of technologies: pneumatics, electropneumatics, hydraulics, electrohydraulics, electronics, electrical engineering, sensors, robotics, CNC technology, telecommunications, electronics, power and renewable energy, industrial maintenance, HVAC, PLC and fieldbus technology, manufacturing technology and process engineering as well as mechatronics.
Festo Didactic supplies educational institutions and industries with learning factories, training and e-learning programmes that directly evolve from technologies and innovations in automation. They qualify people in appropriate learning environments to be sufficiently competent and flexible to immediately start work in production processes and other industrial contexts and to contribute to the productivity of industrial companies.
CORPORATE MERGER: Festo Didactic acquired Lab-Volt Systems, Inc. in June 2014.