About Pistorius Machine Co., Inc.
Pistorius Machine Company is a family-owned company that has been in continuous operation since its inception in 1937. The company was founded by Carl Pistorius, a German immigrant who was trained as a fine machinist. The company began with the manufacture of precision abrasive cut-off machines designed to cut glass, ceramics, exotic metals, etc.
In 1977, the company relocated from Hicksville, New York to its present location in Hauppauge, New York. During the 1980's, machinery was developed to accommodate the transition from aluminum to vinyl (PVC) in the window and door industries. In 1986, the company's management was succeeded by Robert Pistorius after the retirement of his father. Continued growth required the expansion of the Hauppauge plant in 1995.