JOHN LUND-LANDIS LUND
In 1932, under the name of John Lund Limited (Trade Mark "Precimax"), the Company turned to the manufacture of Precision Grinding Machines. This business developed and flourished, with customers world wide and, in 1958, was acquired by Landis Tool Company of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, USA - a company also with a long history of machine tool manufacture going back to 1897.
In 1968 the Landis Group became part of Litton Industries Incorporated, of Beverly Hills, California, USA. Landis Lund Limited continued to trade under that name until July 1985 when, for consolidation reasons, it became a division of a newly incorporated UK Holding Company called Litton UK Limited.
In December 2005, Fives acquired the world-wide Landis Grinding Systems business from UNOVA, Inc.
Fives is headquartered in Paris, France and is an industrial engineering group of international scope. It designs and manufacturers capital equipment mainly for the automotive, aluminium, steel and cement industries.