PENN STATE INDUSTRIES
Penn State Industries began in 1936, when Benjamin and Bernard Levy started a retail store in downtown Philadelphia. The company continued to grow and in 1944 become the first Philadelphia based wholesale company of its kind.
From 1950-1984 Penn State Industries focused on providing top-notch value, service and support in the wholesale business and garnered a loyal following as a trusted and reputable manufacturer.
In 1984, under the direction of Marvin and Ed Levy, Benjamin's sons, Penn State Industries expanded its operation into the Woodworking business through a mail order woodworking division. Marvin & Ed, avid woodworkers, realized that the needs of the beginner and intermediate woodworker weren't being met; the need for affordable, easy to use and quality woodworking products without the pretense and price of what was currently being offered in the woodworking marketplace.
For almost 25 years, the Penn State Industries Woodworking Division has grown significantly; from a single product in 1984 to over 2000 products today. While having served over 500,000 satisfied woodworkers in that time.
Today we're still family owned and operated and we continue to strive to meet the needs of woodworkers with affordable, approachable and precision woodworking products all at a great price. Plus the support, help and service to back those products up.