- 9-axis CNC control
- Electronic index drive for synchronization of cutter and work rotation
- Quick, easy set up through CNC control
- Programmable tool offsets
- CNC linear back-off for independent control of back-off amount of each cutting head
Independent cutting head depth control
- Stroking speeds with quick return for increased productivity
- Trademarked Orient Stiffness Backoff - unique servo-driven oriented stiffness design for crowning tapering and tool depth matching
- Constant or diminished in-feed rate for increased production and reduced tool wear
Stroke positioning adjustment
- Electronic cutter alignment for each head
- Direct-drive cutter spindles and work spindle
Bourn & Koch, Inc. designs and builds machine tools for gear manufacturing, surface grinding, boring and vertical turning. All of our machines are proudly American-made in Rockford, Illinois.
Since 1975, we have continuously innovated in the machine tool industry to build what many consider to be the most advanced gear manufacturing machinery available today. Our engineering expertise allows us to develop custom solutions for the manufacturing industry. Bourn & Koch is also the OEM for a long list of American-made machine tools – names like Blanchard, Barber-Colman, Bullard & Fellows. We have built on their collective knowledge and expertise to offer time-tested machine tool designs augmented with the latest innovations in the machine tool industry.
Beyond machine tools, we offer full customer care. As OEM for not only our machine tools, but many others, we provide quality repair parts, field service, rebuild & remanufacture for a wide variety of machine tools.
In addition to a complete line of new equipment that includes gear manufacturing machines, specialty machine tools and manufacturing cells, Bourn & Koch has many years of experience in remanufacturing existing machine tools, from the most basic to highly complex computer-controlled units. Our state-of-the-art quality control system assures the accuracy of our work with tolerances that meet or exceed your most stringent requirements.