Important Categories of Information for you to Know:
- Who we are
- Information we may collect at the Website or through the Application
- How your information is used
- Altering the information you submit through the Website and/or Application
- operates a website located at www.machinetools.com and the Application through which users can learn about, post and peruse various machine tool and related listings, together with other industry information.
- are several areas on the Website and/or within the Application where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information including, by way of example and without limitation, your name, address, phone number, credit card information, birthday and information regarding your cell phone and/or other mobile device. In addition, when you use the Application MT may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your IP address and location. We treat this data as non-personal information for purposes of providing the Services, except where we are required to treat it as personal information under applicable law. We DO NOT sell or share any personal information about you to or with any person or organization except (i) as authorized by you, (ii) as set forth in the relevant portion of the Website, Application or within any agreement between us, (iii) in connection with providing various products or Services to you (either directly or through one or more third parties), (iv) as may be required by law or court order, or (vi) as otherwise set forth herein. In particular, and not in limitation of the foregoing, information you enter at the Website and/or Application may be shared with other users of the Website. In addition, MT may sell or disclose information gathered on the Website or within the Application to third parties on an aggregated basis.
Information we receive from you.use certain of MT’s Services and/or to access the Application, you'll need to provide certain personal information which may include, without limitation, your name, address, birthday, phone number, credit card information, e-mail address, information regarding your cell phone or mobile device and other information.
Technical information we collect.order for MT to ensure that we are providing the best possible consumer experience on the Website and within the Application, we collect and track certain user information. When you visit the Website, our Web server may send a cookie to your computer. This cookie would be intended to store a limited amount of information about your site visit. The cookie tracks aggregate information on how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information such as your name, email address or phone number as you browse the site. When you submit a question, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. MT may also utilize Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site and/or the Application is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on MT servers and do not store or place anything on the user's computer.
If you come to the MT Website from an online banner ad, an anonymous identification number may be passed to the Website. This information cannot be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you. It will only allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, marketing and banner advertisement campaigns.
Other Information we get from your use of the Services.may collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
Device informationmay collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number)
Information from surveys.may have the option of completing an online survey at the Website or within the Application from time to time. Participation in surveys is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us in connection with any such survey.
Information from the "Contact Us" section of the Website or Application.may contact MT through the "Contact Us" feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
Information collected other sections of the Website or Application.may, from time to time, make various resources available to you at the Website or within the Application. At times we may collect personal information in connection with providing such services.
- use the information you provide to provide the applicable Services to you, either directly or through third party service providers. MT may also share certain aggregated data with other third parties for general marketing and demographic purposes; however, this data does not include any of your personal identifying information. Some of our Services may be offered in conjunction with partner companies, affiliates or other companies or websites with which we work. In order for us to provide these Services to you, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with one of such entities. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these Services. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular Service.
In addition, MT may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with MT’s rights or property, other Website or Application users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
Deleting your information.and state regulations may require that we store questions or submissions for various periods of time. In order to comply with these regulations, we may be unable to delete information from our databases.
Altering Information.may alter, modify or delete any information you submit to the Website or through the Application if it believes, in its sole discretion, it is necessary or desirable to do so.
Request to stop receiving emails from us., MT may send you emails to alert you to various opportunities or offers available at the Website or within the Application. If you do not wish to receive any of these offers, please send an e-mail email@example.com yourself from our mailing list
MT uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and MT. Transmission between browsers and our web server is implemented using either Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or MT's proprietary mobile application that utilizes SSL-encrypted communication. This technology requires an SSL-capable browser. Although MT has taken these reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, MT cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party. Your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via the Website or the Application may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.
DATE LAST MODIFIED: December 10, 2012